There are two offerings:
- A micro-grant program for small businesses Grow Your Business Online – Canada Digital Adoption Program (ic.gc.ca)
The Grow your Business Online grant will provide businesses with $2,400 and the guidance of an e-commerce advisor to help smaller storefront-type businesses (restaurants, service businesses, retail, tourism) adopt digital technologies and take advantage of e-commerce opportunities.
Applications can only be submitted by a small business that meets all of the following criteria:
- Is a for-profit business (including for-profit social enterprises and co-operatives)
- Is a registered or incorporated business
- Is a consumer-facing business
- Can be accessed by consumers or provides in-person services to consumers
- Has at least one employee
- Must commit to maintaining digital adoption strategy for six months after participation in the program
- Must consent to participating in follow-up surveys, sharing information with the Government of Canada (ISED and Statistics Canada), and having the name of the business published as a recipient of funding
- A grant (up to $15k for a digital review/plan) and/or 0% loan opportunity for implementation (up to $100k via BDC) Boost Your Business Technology – Canada Digital Adoption Program (ic.gc.ca)
The Boost your Business Technology grant will provide businesses with up to $15,000 and the guidance of expert digital advisors to further improve their productivity and become more competitive. Applicants for the Boost your Business Technology grant will also be eligible to apply for an interest-free loan of up to $100,000 through the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) for implementation.
Before applying, your business must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Be incorporated federally or provincially, or be a Canadian resident sole proprietor
- Be a for-profit, privately owned business
- Have between 1 – 499 full time equivalent employees
- Have at least $500,000 of annual revenues in one of the previous three tax years
Only an owner or a director (listed in the articles of incorporation) can complete the application form, and the business must meet all eligibility criteria.
Visit the Canada Digital Adoption Program website HERE: https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/152.nsf/eng/home