Please send finished petitions to Carly at: email@example.com
THEREFORE, your petitioners request the Honourable Minister of Health and Honourable Minister of Public Safety and the unanimous support of government to:
- Allow those who have legal access into the U.S. and Canada (Visa with Invitation or Client Contractual Obligation) for the Purpose of Essential Business only and who are deemed “Essential” as part of their respective Provincial Legislation (in Ontario – Sec. 1 and 23 of Ontario OReg 82/20 Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act) while meeting any of the following conditions:
- Exit and re-enter any Port of Entry on any frequency (regularly or intermittent) while meeting conditions (b) to (h).
- Be able to re-enter Canada with a valid Health Canada vaccine administered in Canada or the USA with a valid record of vaccination.
- Agree to a Health Canada prevention measures with an approved quick test administered either
- At the Canadian Port of Entry, or
- Self-administered Prior to Entering the Port of Entry
- Self-Monitor, be exempt from any quarantine action and continue to follow current measures (isolation / mask / self-distancing, etc.) by: Health Canada, Provincial and Local Health Unit guidelines and requirements for essential workers
- With a valid Vaccination, or
- Upon a negative quick test result
- Quarantine with an adequate plan (as per Health Canada PHAC current measures)
- when a positive quick test result, and
- Receive an immediate confirming PCR test upon re-entry
- With a positive PCR result
- Any associated costs associated with the vaccine, testing and quarantine measures (through immediate access to the Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit – CRSB) shall be borne by Canada
- Allowed re-entry travel to and re-entry into Canada after the 14-day quarantine period.
- For any disputes between an alleged essential traveler and the CBSA and these requirements the essential traveler shall be granted an appeal by the CBSA and shall direct the essential traveler to secondary for disposition by PHAC.