Automate Canada & CAMM held a Town Hall meeting for all members yesterday. (April 19th)
What did we learn?
- The situation is tough. It’s still really difficult at the Canada/US border and in fact getting worse
- We’re on the right track. We need to “stay the course” with our focus on advocacy & outreach to the federal & provincial governments as well as CBSA, PHAC, Global Affairs and ISED
- We’re willing to put our money where our mouth is. The group was willing to consider offering to be subject to a fine if rules were broken or commitments were not followed up on
So what will we do?
- We’ll keep up with our advocacy for necessary change at the border in the short & long term.
- we’ll continue to connect & collaborate with stakeholders
- we’ll get the most up to date information to you so you can be prepared when planning to cross the border
- we’ll keep communicating with you so we’re fully aware of what you’re experiencing (so please respond back!)
What do you need to do?
- Sign the e-petition today! https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-3297
- Inform us when you hear something new at the border or when you’ve had a negative experience because of the border. We promise to keep the details confidential, however we will use the information you give us when we’re doing research and when we’re advocating for our industries.
We’re continuing to work hard for moldmakers and the industrial automation sector because advanced manufacturing matters to Canada!